Friday 19 September 2008

Hey guys...

I wanted to leave you with one last thing before I go for the weekend. I got all of my lab work done on time, as well as homework, so I am living free and easy this weekend. The weekend is starting now, this Friday afternoon, for even the majority of the college closes early. So, while still at one of the labs at the campus, before heading off to pick up my youngest from elementary school, I wanted to post this. There are so many reasons for this post. But, those will not be shared. Here goes:


FRIENDSHIP

Friendship, to me, is understanding and forgiving, no matter what. It is not manipulating, secretive, one sided, nor lonely. Friendship takes two. Sometimes I feel people have done or said something to me that is hurtful. However, I also feel you can only be hurt if you let yourself be. Many times I have spoken up for myself, or, written up. But, there were many many times I did not. I just was forgiving. I forgave and forgot. I didn't mention it, and went on in the friendship like all was good for all was good. This is because I chose not to be hurt, and put it out of my mind, living peacefully with my friends, in heart, mind, body, and soul. But, sometimes the memories can come back when hurt again, especially by the same person, or, by the same nature. It is amazing to me that those who boast about how they have been hurt, or offended, etc., never once take the time to be a friend, a true friend, and say, "This is how I feel. Did you intend for this? Of course, perhaps you did not. What is your side of the story? Have I ever offended or hurt you? If so, I am sorry. I didn't mean to do that." That is Lesson 1 in Friendships, Making Them Last. Of course, that is not a class or a book, I just made it up. But, maybe it should be. It is most certainly a lesson in life, no? So, many that know me, or of me, may think that because I have been nice that I do not feel you have ever hurt me. That is not true. Sometimes I am amazed at what some do. I just try to focus on the positive. And that is my heart. -SDRoads
2008 (R)

No comments: