Friday 29 February 2008

Matters Of The Heart

This just in! SDRoads hurt by a loved one, whom, it turns out, was not a loved one at all! I guess love is supposed to be a two-way street, at least, the healthy kind of love. But what do you do when someone whom you cared for, a family member, doesn't feel the same way, and, you found out, with most assurity, years later?! I found out yesterday, at exactly 4:28 p.m., West Coast time! It was within a text from someone refering to another family member. Oh, I had my suspicions, and all, throughout the years, but, always just let it go and turned the other cheek. I feel a compulsion to say that this did make me softly cry and carry a frown, the perpetual, nearly child-like "sad face" on my way home. What I can't understand is, why this person would choose this time to state these things. Another loved one, both a family member to us, went to the hospital, yet again, for a much needed bypass, which, I might add, he did not receive! (See above story for the updates to that news entry.) It also came at a most difficult time for me, as well, given what I had just previously physically and emotionally endured at that timeframe, not long, not long at all, before that hurtful text came in on the line. On my bathroom break from school (Sorry to be so informal, and nearly graphic, there.) , I noticed a book in the hall showcase. It is entitled, Eight Habits of the Heart : Embracing the Values that Build Strong Families and Communities , by Clifton L. Taulbert. I guess I was "stopping to smell the roses", as they say, as I stepped down that hallway. I am quite sure it is a lovely and heartfelt book. Though, I can not recommend it for I have not read it yet, I just thought it would be an appropriate mention in this post. Posed by SDRoads

No comments: