Tuesday 15 March 2011

This Deportation thing...

has really gotten the best of me. Now, though different circumstances, I am living Hope Floats. Let the hope float up. I am at home now. I am sitting propped up with pillows. Easier to breath that way. Feeling like the Elephant Man. I am finally in bed after watchin' Hope Floats on the couch with my friend. He is helping me get through this. He visits a lot. But I just can't seem to stop cryin on and off. It is makin my lung feel worse. The deportation ripped somethin out of me. So, back in bed, after letting the mosquito out into the chilled night air, only with a little less proping up. Wrist band from the hospital still on. White. EKG hook ups still stuck to me. Slid down into the pillows a bit. Eyes wide open, yet half closed from congestion and crying. I can not believe any of this. Surreal. Too slippery. Like being a ghost. This is so hard. But hOpE lives. And God is good. -Shannon

This post submitted by Shannon, aka SD Roads Good night.

No comments: