Thursday 14 May 2009

A Harsh Reality

Along the lines of what Assemblyman Krekorian states: I will not sugarcoat. ~ Our governor of this great state of California stated earlier today, "This is the harsh reality in the (economic) crises that we face." There are 2 drastic budget proposals for the people of California. There will be a shortage of dollars, in the billions, for schools that will shorten the school year by 5 and a half days. Aid of a type to families will be reduced by 10 percent. According to one official, "These numbers are the numbers and people have the right to know before they go to the polls." I recently have been asked to run for election of a local committee. Elections are in two weeks. I can choose what position, of course. If I was to choose Secretary of the Treasury, for example, I would have to wonder, just what money would I have to work with? According to one Mr. Wex Karr of Georgia, several months back, we ARE in a Depression. Fortunately, in that committee, I could help to generate revenue. Then I would be wearing more than one hat and taking on more duties, however. But with respect to the state, I have absolutely no control over that. It does offer a feeling of unrest for the masses. And that is my commentary. Let us all pray for the best. *SDRoads

No comments: