Friday 17 April 2009

Our Condolences

I had 2 news stories planned for posting. However, I won*t be posting them today. I was in tears a bit ago, for I had gotten word that my one time pharmacist, that I used to have before I moved, had been shot in a fatal shooting spree that killed 2 before the gunman, a fellow co-worker to the victims, turned the gun on himself, fatally wounding him. Another co-worker was so appreciative that I called to give my condolences. She emotionally showed that appreciation to me, more than once, and something struck me. I got the impression that not a lot of people had called for that. I know that when I called the hospital to be routed to the pharmacy in order to share the condolences, the operator asked my name 3 times and then, after I urgently stated I wanted to see if everyone was o.k., the operator said, "Well you should know if you heard the news!", and then transferred me to the marketing department! The outgoing message\menu at that extension stated "... if you are media press... ". I hung up and immediately called the operator back. When, finally, someone answered, it sounded like the same voice. I said, "Hi. This is .... I was routed to Marketing and Media, and I wanted the pharmacy." This voice immediately responded with, "Did you want Outpatient or?" I quickly said, "Yes!" You see, the first voice, with the unknown face, near interrogated me when I called with a condolent heart. I was grateful to finally get through. There was definitely a feeling of high security floating through the air. Now, this story is full of twists and plots, from this end. It*s all over the news. I must finish my new story later and compose myself from what I later heard. I*ll just leave it at this for now, the same sentiment was shared about one of the people that died by a woman quickly interviewed on the news: He was such a nice man. He would make people smile. He was kind, patient. Yes, that*s how I feel. My sadness extends to the children and wives left behind this tragic event. Thank God they were "left behind", and not taken on the journey that leads to the afterlife, before their time. *Respectfully submitted by SDRoads

----------------
Authentically posted

No comments: