Thursday 1 May 2008

When Your Child Needs Surgery


...
I'll be saying a lot of extra prayers this month...
The doc tells me, "It's an easy surgery, takes no more than a half an hour." Doesn't sound so easy to me. Not easy on the Spirit by any stretch of the imagination. Me child cried when I told him the low down on the way to school, after we left the doc's. He cried the most gentle soft cry I had ever heard, looked down, and said, "They are going to cut me?" All I could do was put my arms around him and try to muster up every bit of courage I could for the little guy. I pointed to my scar just below my neck and told him how they cut me open when I was awake (with no forewarning I might add), and I'm fine, also making mention that his cut will be sooooo much smaller than mine. I also told him that he will be asleep when they do it so he can have happy dreams during it. I almost can't believe this. He is my everything. My rock of Gibraltar. I love him so. ...
--------------------------
Photo by SDRoads
~"The View At The Children's Hospital"

No comments: