Tuesday 12 May 2009

Strike Update

Word in from my best friend was that the teacher*s strike was off, according to the news. So, I called the school to see if my friend and I have to work that day, to help care for and teach lessons to the kids during the strike. I couldn*t get a hold of anyone, because they were all in a meeting. Apparently, they got wind of the news as well, and held a meeting regarding the latest. The woman in the office then told me that the principle called the district directly. At that time, about 3.30 in the afternoon, things were still up in the air. According to the news tonight, the strike is definitely off in my estimation, for the Supreme Court put an injunction on it. One man I am interviewing now feels that is wrong, for it infringes upon their freedom of speech. He feels that the teachers were wrong to want to jeopardize the kids. However he feels the judiciary system is more wrong. He feels the system is taking away their freedom of speech. And speaking of freedom of speech, that leads to my next story. This story goes on to touch on very important issues. This interview will continue on. I will touch more on this later. Also, I will touch on another system; the Unions. *SDRoads, reporting

No comments: